Monday, September 19, 2005

Serves me right for fiddling too much with things I do not understand. I changed my blogger template, for no good reason except that I was bored and this new one looked calm and nice.
Then I republished my blog to save the changes and guess what? All my old Haloscan comments had disappeared. But naturally, as Blogger and Haloscan aren't linked, Blogger Help informed me. So I went to Haloscan and tried to tinker with scary looking html thingies to get those lovely ole comments back but no luck. Humph! If anyone knows how to do this please to tell me. Or else never mind. Life moves on. So do blogs and comments. But as I keep telling myself, should've got a bit tech savvy when I worked with those bright techie kids in those dotcom days. :((

16 comments:

anumita said...

Oh dear! Am equally blank and can only write, post and comment. But this new template and font look cool.

Chugs said...

dont bother. stick with blogger comments. will be better in the long run.

haloscan has an auto-install system for blogger. just login and follow instructions.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Rash. Mail Pleo.

SwB said...

Forget about the comments Rash .. even i'm gonna be dumping haloscan one of these days - bludy buggers delete your comments when they're two months old anyway!

And Pleo : I am "katti" with you for deleting your blog.

shub said...

for a sec there i thought i was at the wrong blog!! like the new template...and the fonts are easier on the eye:)

Hornswoggler said...

shub, anumita:I like the new template too. easier on the eye.

Pleo: Thanks a ton :). Like blogger comments so shall stick to it. But now that you've offered to fix things, hmmm hmmm...

Chugs: Yes, saw the auto-install system. will have to figure it out itminaan se. don't laugh.


Kahini: like this comment box. shows pix and stuff hehe

Swb: Oh yes. I used to keep wondering where my old comments were disappearing. Bunch of meanies!

Anonymous said...

I like this template... :) looking good... :) he he added here is my new link...

Janaki said...

yep love the new template.. soothing.. though orange is a preferred colour of mine..

Anonymous said...

hiya!

i know how painful it is to lose treasured comments.. did you try logging in to haloscan with the user id you signed up with initially?? there is no reason why those comments should disappear from haloscan's site just coz you have changed your blogger template.. with any luck, they should still be there and all you have to do then is copy and paste the link back into your blogger template.. :)

hope that helps..

Anonymous said...

very very valid point rash

Jade said...

Haloscan has a very easy guide on how to install the comments. However, I'd say that you should let the Blogger comments be, coz they'll be better in the long run, as chugs says. I did the same recently and it's fine once you get over seeing '0 comments' in your old posts. :(

Anonymous said...

Ms Dotty!! am liking the template....

bips

Anonymous said...

I don't care if you're a mum-to-be, I'm still gonna beat you to a pulp if you don't update toDAY.

manuscrypts said...

blogger comments are better. haloscan eats up comments after a certain period of time.. :(

GratisGab said...

But this is nice and cool indeed. Makes me wanna drink pitchers and pitchers of lemonade :)

Hornswoggler said...

yes people I like this template too. and all of you do. so it stays :)
gabby: lemonade? very apt.
Kahini: I posted. See am so scared of you still. shiver shiver