Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Change Is Always Good?

Hello Amigos,

Am back. Was being lazy. Too lazy to blog or read or even watch TV. I go through these phases once in a while. When all I want is to stare blankly at view from balcony/faded sofa cover/blank document/dinner on plate whichever is applicable. Of course these days I cannot be a complete vegetable. How can I, when there is an extra-energetic, drooling, smiling, eight-month-old who's all over the place, babbling, crawling, trying to stand and sometimes doing all of these at once?

In an attempt at good parenting, the other day we tried to cleanse the house of potentially hazardous things to make our home a safe place for baby to explore. Realised by baby standards, we'd been living extremely dangerously all these years. Going by the Babycentre.com and What To Expect checklist, we have house hazards like loose cords, tall lamps, tables with sharp edges, rugs and mats without non-slip pads, several bins and several unused electrical outlets.

No prizes for guessing how we spend our free time these days then. Now I know what they meant when they said a baby changes your life.

2 comments:

Aqua said...

i KNOW!!! baby proofing is a pain...and anyway it doesn't really work. we got all these baby proofing gadgets from Lifestyle but babies have a way of finding loopholes and outsmarting you :)

Anonymous said...

i used to follow babycentre.com like a bible for a bit then realised no way can i baby proof my house to the extent they advise. Have become wiser and installed a baby gate which limits the lil monster to one room.