Friday, June 19, 2009
In Steve Martin's book Shopgirl, Mirabelle has to keep fighting 'the immobilizing depression that would otherwise surround her and seep into her body like a poisonous fog.' I loved the book just for that one sentence. Though there's certainly more to like in it. There are days when depression really is like a fog, whether it reaches a level where you need medication or not. Nothing you can think or make yourself believe can lift it. It starts by clouding your morning with gloom and self doubt and goes on to blank out every other positive flicker throughout the day. Mostly without any reason. Most days we are lucky to call it PMS. But today, it's not even that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
:o| *hugs*
Oh.. I perfectly feel how it is...:(
A book will shortly be on its way.
Tight hug.
Kahini
Kahini: Fangs. I wrote that post because I needed to have that out.
Rashmi: Yes,I know. :)
Sonia: Thanks dear. Now I sound like old granny hehe
nice blog - loved the phrase 'helicopter mom' :-)
cheer up.
Phatichar: Hello and welcome. I used to read you a lot earlier you know. Nice surprise :)
Wow, always thought it was just me! Good to know there are others.
Btw, love ur blog.
no wayyy! you didn't sound like a granny. From your blog, I got the impression that you're this completely together person, who'd hardly ever get upset or have self-doubts and stuff. This is a whole diff (more like me) kinda side. Which makes me feel like there's hope for me yet! :D (not that I'm always depressed mind you. It's just that I blog only when I'm unhappy)
Anon: Oh there are lots of others. all of us in fact. and thank you :)
Sonia: Completely together!!!! No no (ducks under table in embracement). I'm totally disgruntled and disintegrated hehe
Perfectly summed! What a line to read at the beginning of the week.
Oh really! That is a pleasant surprise... I'll come back.
bluespriite: Lol. Tell me at the end of the week how it went :)
Phatichar: Yes, in the good old days of 2005/6 when blogs were comparatively fewer.
I am always surprised by how many people - usually women - go through The Fog. Why do we never share, never talk about it? When it lifts, there's an indescribable lightness - life's worth living. Hugs.
see? that's why it's shared. thanks suman
Post a Comment