Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Images from holiday...

Spotting 'Nemo' at the Museum of Natural History in DC



Vintage models at the Air and Space Museum, DC


How my son usually finished most of his food


Niagra ya Naya Agra. I shall forever wonder why Indians do transatlantic travelling to eat Paneer Makhni and Butter Chicken


The lights over the falls at night were quite neat though...


Moment of calm at Central Park


Boats opposite MIT campus



Playing Bob The Builder at Boston Children's Museum


The tyke goes wild at the waterpark


Pumpkin spotting...


...and blueberry picking with the kids at a farm near Marlboro




The right way to sleep after a few beers...spotted outside a pub in Boston


An old marketplace, now turned into a food court


Dregs of an evening in DC...



Gotham City

14 comments:

Saurav Chakraborty said...

wow...beer and Pizza...thats awesome!

colours said...

in holiday in US? When is Europe one? I know why Indians overseas eat all those - I have a specimen at home :)

Hornswoggler said...

saurav: yes yes, always.

colours: Europe? Hehe...let's recover from the spoils of this one first. Thanks to the specimen I once ate Chinese Bhindi in Bangalore. Exotic I must say :D

Anonymous said...

Colours, your specimen is like THAT?

Kahini, stunned

Anonymous said...

Eating desi in videsh is globalization, no? :))

Subs

Hornswoggler said...

Colours, answer that :D
Subs: LOL. Come to think of it, absolutely.

colours said...

Kahini and Rash, Specimen eats Bhindi when he tires of Paneer Makhni (I will leave Butter Chicken out of the discussion) - but CHINESE BHINDI - really that is carrying things too far.

and when I am in India I will eat all the butter chicken, ginger chicken etc etc etc

I am sure specimen will read these comments sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm a BIG fan of bhindi myself, but... sheesh kebab!

Kahini, still stunned

Hornswoggler said...

Colors, Kahini: In all fairness to the specimen, who we hope will read this soon, it was a rather interesting take on the bhindi. Now I feel like doing article on e-age methods of communicating with your spouse :D

Anonymous said...

awesome awesome holiday! i have a specimen too at home who gets withdrawal symptoms and hunts for an indian meal on every shore. last we almost got run over while sniffing for bengali restaurant for over 2 hours in shady greek gali.
- anumita

Hornswoggler said...

Anumita: Did you get the restaurant finally or not?

Anonymous said...

we found it, "Nargis", after people gave us strange looks when we asked for directions. it was in an immigrant locality where only druggies and goons were huddled against walls with graffiti. it was a small dark place up a flight of stairs. we ran away without eating for fear of being drugged or mugged.
-anumita

Pallavi said...

Am sure you had loads of fun.. nice pics..

colours said...

Rash: You see e-age communication with spouse is as effective as non-e-age one...