Watching Luck By Chance on TV. How come Hindi movie strugglers always manage to find sunny, breezy homes in Mumbai? That too complete with terrace big enough to keep a sofa in (like Konkona's in Luck) or with fab sea view (again Konkona, in Wake Up Sid). What happened to the damp walls, leaky taps, cracky bathrooms eh? Though Wake Up Sid's chai on paani ki tanki on the terrace was rather realistic.
Went to Toto's after ages (like last Dec) and got the shock of life on my way to Bandra from Worli. Came out of the Sealink at Lilavati and could see nothing but a sea of cars all the way to Hill Road. Took forever to reach. And zipped through Highway-Sealink when I did Malad-Worli the next day. Strange are the ways of Bombay traffic.
2 comments:
Exactly my thought when I saw Konkona's balcony in Luck by chance. Perhaps they thought the old and torn sofa would take away the charm.
If I had one more day in Mumbai, I'd been in Toto's that evening, perhaps.
Aha then I wish you had one more day. Though you'd have encontered rather drunk and mad mix of people!
Post a Comment