Saturday, May 08, 2010

Was asking A to eat his vegetables (carrots really) when he declared that he positively hated them and asked me why I was eating mine. "To grow strong," I said, giving the standard boring Mummy answer. "For what strong?" he demanded to know and when I was silent for a second provided the answer: "Oh to shout."
Did not know whether to laugh or cry or be proud of son's excellent sense of humour like good Indian mother. The husband, predictably enough, was in splits. And once I stopped choking on my peas, couldn't help but think is that how he sees me really? The mamma who's always shouting? The mamma whose favourite word is No?
Did not get too emotional about it as by the time your child is four and half you know that kids really do say the wildest things. So quite a pro at this by now, though this is the first time very teenager style, let's poke fun of mamma comment has happened. If anyone needs a self help cum how to boost your spirits book it's us moms. Perhaps I'll write one. Hmmm....

4 comments:

shub said...

cheeky little thing! :)

Sonia said...

lol! moms! they're all the same! ;o)

Hornswoggler said...

Sonia: Kya karoon you have to be sometimes

Shub: How are you? I feel so thrilled when old readers surface in the comments box :)

Mama - Mia said...

ah yes!

i now dont bother too much when the child cries papa instead of traditional mammma when he is hurt or something!

yup! the screaming banshee variety of parenting has its pitfalls! ;)

cheers!