Friday, June 01, 2012

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain There was a time when I loved that quote and thought I lived my life according to it. Do I do that anymore? I don't think so. I am too caught up with day to day life, domesticity and the web of homed-in haze it can sometimes create around you. And of course the children are there. I want to be where they are. Very consciously. It means not catching a certain amount of the trade winds passing you by but it does not also mean letting all of it go. Did I become what I thought I would be at 20? Maybe not. Maybe yes. I did become happier I am sure. But then happiness at 20 has a different meaning than happiness at 40 right? That was a different kind of happiness as perhaps, is this one. So why the complacence? Passing phase? Perhaps yes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was the start of a new trend in the wrist watch industry and the introduction of replica watches sale as fashion accessories. Some popular brands for rolex replica sale are Gucci, Burberry, Guess, Fossil, DKNY, Calvin Klein, Chanel, B. Fendi, Technomarine, Milleret, Dior and Fastrack. Though these breitling replica are priced less than the designer wrist watches, still the costs can be exorbitant especially if you are used to having more than one watch. replica watches sale represent the huge unbranded watch market. These are called fake rolex sale because the design or the style of the watch is inspired or an exact replica of a designer, branded watches and fashion watches from well known brands. rolex replica sale have become very popular and one can see the markets flooded with breathtakingly beautiful and stylish watches in amazingly affordable prices.