Confusion is my middle name. Give me a choice and chances are you’ll need to wait a good five minutes for me to make up my mind. Sample the latest. P was finishing early yesterday and wanted to catch a film. Tickets were available for both the 7.45 pm and 10.30 pm shows. Can you imagine the amount of confusion it caused in my muddled mind?
7.45 meant rushing home and rushing back. The 10.30 show meant time to finish stuff, relaxed dinner, etc. I took the 10.30 pm tickets and regretted the moment I’d left the counter.
‘Oh god…this show’ll finish at 1.20 am, that’s too late for a weekday. I need to get up early. 7.45 would’ve been better. Why didn’t I book that, now what, etc, etc…’
I’m always like this. The moment I’ve decided on Chinese for lunch, I want Pizza or Pulao or…basically anything but Chinese. It takes me quite some time to order a meal, especially if it’s a fancy restaurant with a menu that explains each and every dish. This means I check out the ingredients mentioned in one, then go back to the other, then wonder if I should have nothing but a salad…etc.
I’ve solved this problem somewhat by ordering whatever my eyes sight first on the menu, unless of course it is a dish that is tomato based or has broccoli or…
When it comes to buying regular household stuff, groceries etc, I usually dedicate an entire evening or afternoon. I can never decide fast between Surf Excel or Ariel, salt from ITC or salt from Tata, shampoo for dry hair or shampoo for dull hair, banana or apple or both or watermelon instead…it’s a constant battle!
I’ve been wondering if everyone’s like this? Is it normal to be so confused, indecisive, etc? Or do I have some disorder here?
There’s only one thing I can order straightaway, without thinking it over — it’s a regular cappuccino at Barista. It comes from being a coffee slave over years.
No comments:
Post a Comment