Inky has sent me a book meme. Since I'm always confused when it comes to selecting favourite books etc, have been putting it off for a while but you never know about bad luck (or bad lux, as kid in my school would say). So here goes. Please skip if bored.
Number of Books owned:
Between 350-400? Haven't counted. Occupies one whole cupboard at the moment.
Books I recently brought:
Snobs: Julian Fellows. Same person who wrote Gosford Park, which I enjoyed quite a bit. Haven't started reading yet.
Black Friday: S Hussain Zaidi. Since P grabbed it before me, I started it last Thursday. Then switched on the television and heard about the London blasts. Eerie...
Skin: Margaret Mascarenhas. Bought it finally and re-read. I love this book. The incidents and characters are like peeling the layers of an onion.
Last book I read:
Well...finished Black Friday last night. So has to be that one.
One book that I couldn't finish:
Ha ha. The White Mughals by William Dalrymple. I did read the first, second, third, fourth, zzzz..., fifth, zzzz...and the last chapters and many of the pages in between but frankly, after a point I gave up. It was too heavy for bedtime reading anyway...
Five books I cherish:
This is a difficult one. There are so many of them. So just putting down the ones that randomly come to my mind.
Neither Here Nor There: Bill Bryson. Anytime I need a laugh.
84 Charing Cross Road: Helen Hanff. The one I have also has The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street, Hanff's London travelogue. I LOVE this book.
Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe: Fannie Flagg. There's something about this one. It's a look into a different kind of life altogether.
Bridget Jones' Diary: Helen Fielding. I even like the film. Purely because of the two men in it, actually.
Comfort Me With Apples: Ruth Reichl. If you like reading about food, love, travel and finally finding your feet, read this one.
Now who shall I pass this on to:
Kahini (who introduced me to three of those cherished books and many more, at different points in life.), Subs and Colours.
Had to bug you girls, even if you've been tagged before.
*wicked laugh*
No comments:
Post a Comment