Thursday, July 28, 2005

I know it's raining more than it has in the last 100 years out there.

I know most people are spending the nights wherever they are, be in at work, in their car or even, in my all time pet hate — crowded, squalid Dadar station.

I know it isn't much fun to have to walk through knee-deep or waist-deep water, which isn't exactly of five star swimming pool quality.

So will you consider me a complete nut if I say, despite all these, despite the fact that I will never get a decent-sized three bedroom apartment with lovely city view for the price I pay here in that submerged suburbia, I would still jump and pack my bags and take the first flight out, if only I got a chance to move to Bombay?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not cribbing. This is wishful thinking part II.

I did not like Delhi. Warmed up to bits of it by the time I left. I miss Khan Market. Ok not the whole of it. Only Cafe Turtle and Empire Stores. And now that I'm not working, it would have been fun to have gone pottering around Dilli Haat and Priya (Ok. Fact & Fiction) and when I felt obscenely rich, at least in my imagination, even Santushti and Hauz Khas Village. Though given the heat I doubt I'd have stepped out of home voluntarily. And would've been working had I been in Delhi I guess.

Sorry. Diversion happened there. So Delhi, by the end of my five year stay, was grudgingly passable. I quite like Bangalore. It's green, people take care of trees and the weather makes me smile and it has some nice places to hang around.

It's just that I like Bombay much, much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rash,

I loved you blog.You mirror my own thoughts!!! I am currently in USA....but if I can I would leave everything and go back to Bombay in a heartbeat. I miss the Andheri markets,the Bandra roadside bargain shacks, fashion street and my now favourite Inorbit mall which is quite near to my parents place.I hope you get to move soon :)