Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Snot Value
Had taken up a book editing assignment couple of months back. Unfortunately for me, the author (a yeng man from the IT feeilld) had decided that revulsion was the best way to grab attention. Each of his characters belch, retch, snort, fart their way through the book (or at least the pages I read). Trust me, I've great patience with bodily malfunctions, by virtue of being married to P, who bases most of his jokes on these. But all I wanted to ask our earnest yeng author was, did he have to describe his characters' morning ablutions in such great detail. Thankfully I could say no and cowardly duck out thanks to the brother's wedding. One day am sure this book would be hailed as a great work of Indian writing that nobody can exactly figure out and I as usual would lose out on the megabucks, at least some bucks. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How, how, how! How do you manage to find such entertaining assignments while am numb studying weird rules and number crunching :( --Subs
let's put it this way...the weirdos of the world find me :)
here after a long time. how is yr baby? no updates about him.
and ewww...that books sounds so gross :)
Post a Comment