I started blogging on a July afternoon in 2003. Not here. We hadn't heard of blogspot then. Ok I hadn't.
I probably had a free afternoon at the women's mag I worked for with nobody around to gossip with. I'd been reading blogs on and off and thought it would be fun to start.
What started off as a 15 minute activity became an obsession in the days of the bloggers' club and gradually tapered down to something that became a habit, a welcome one if I could get over the laziness of posting :)
Over the years, I have been reading bloggers who almost felt like friends despite the fact that we'd never met. The funny bit is, I go on discovering new blogs and checking bloggers whose existence I didn't know two months back quite regularly. Some of them are wonderfully addictive. At least for now. But I need a dose of the old favourites from time to time...alpha, Gabby, Lee, Inky, Shub, Parmanu, Colors, Anumita, Aqua
So what if some of them haven't posted in ages or have deleted their blogs. The much missed and read Anita Rodricks being one of them. Or Pallavi for that matter. And Subs. Where are you girls?
It's hard not to feel like you're running into an old friend when you've shared pregnancy stories with someone , watched (er...read) a 25-year-old journey into 28 and been introduced to authors you thought you never could understand by some.
Well, at least that's the way it is with me.
So I go through phases where I stop posting, stop checking other blogs simply because I'm either too sleepy (like right now) or have taken on more work than I can manage (like right now and this tells you why I can't manage) but going back and discovering a post (or several posts as I'm very irregular and people often prolific)never fails to make my day. Like Lee's did today.
15 comments:
ditto! and we're seeing the journey of a 20-something woman into a doting Mum :)
Shub: God was I 20 something then? which century was that?
Heyyyy !! I am back.. how are you doing ??
hehehe !! how do you find the weather in Bangalore...??
And have you gone to Crossword for the sale...
Its good. :)
Ahem and my new blog is www.pointofreflection.com :P
Thank you Rash. It's amazing how the old connections remain despite blogging becoming sporadic and commenting, negligible. Facebook and Google talk notwithstanding, I think the connection on the blog remains strongest. Glad to have made your day :)
Kofi Anon?
Kahini
Am here :)
Subs
Pallavi: Yes went to crossword. very poor now. :D
Kahini: Yes, as long as it's filtered, hehe
Subs: You know why I asked where you were, don't you? :P
Rash....awww. what a sweet post. yeah even i miss Anita Rodricks's blog. i still remember her Jallianwala Bagh post. i believe she's blogging under a new name now. SOMEBODY send me the link.
and pallavi is back with a bang :)
WHEN are we going to meet girly?
Somehow my chest is bursting with pride to see my name on this list! You are so right... the old ones rocked! I remember poring over your archives the whole day in office, long ago and feeling so good and thereafter haunting your blog to check on updates.
you bin tagged!
Lee: Sorry I forgot to reply. Must've been sleepy as usual. And read your facebook post. ha ha. ditto thoughts :)
Aqua: Yeah let's meet soon...it's high time, no?
Anumita: Genuinely thrilled at that comment. *Grinning beyond ear*
Choxbox: Thankoo but I'm horribly lazy with them!
rash,
thanks for that..i do miss all of it. maybe i should take lee's lead and start posting a post everyday (however dumb they might be):)
..hope lee is not at fist distance.
glad to know you are still at it. love to the brat.
Alpha dear, you're welcome. no Lee isn't anywhere closeby. jo marzi bol
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment