Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bollywood Thoughts...

Doesn't Vidya Balan look older than Shahid Kapur in Kismet Konnection? Husband thinks everyone looks older than Shahid Kapur, including Kareena.

Shilpa Shetty's Yoga DVD!!!!!????? Why??? But of course it's THE way to sell yourself to the vest, sorry West.

Vogue has Preity Zinta all glammed up on the cover. So used to seeing her in the T-shirt plus Ness combo now that I squinted double hard to figure out the cover. Incidentally, I like Vogue. Get a good laugh out of their 'budget' buys.

Aamir Khan's Ghajini hairstyle is pretty weird. Yes, I know some people find it very cool but me am old fashioned. Gimme TZP Aamir anyday.

Rani looks a bit sad and kind of down in the dumps post Abhi-Ash wedding, doesn't she? The perky thing in her is gone. Or is it Aditya Chopra as Stardust says? But seriously, has she ever taken a good look at him? And doesn't Abhishek look too serious post-shaadi. I watched the Holy Trinity being interviewed on CNN IBN and the only bright spark in that pointless interview was Abhishek's quip, don't mess with the Nagres, when they were asked what the message of the movie was.

And oh well, this isn't Bollywood but never mind. Vir Sanghvi bitched out Sex And The City in Mint. How it isn't about emancipation of women at all but marriage being the ultimate thing. Now I don't know what kind of women Mr Sanghvi has been hanging around with but who in her right mind thinks Sex And The City is about emancipation of women?!!! And this is 2008, we are emancipated and so were we 10 years ago (or was it more?) when the series started. We don't need Sex and the city to make a statement about emancipation. We need it to check out clothes we may not end up wearing, shoes we wished we could wear, hats the size of garden umbrellas, gossip and fun. Simple. It's timepass. Something to take your mind off the real world. Like 300 is for several men. Or if that irks your cult sensibilities, a Van Damme flick. Guess the old man was facing a writer's block when he wrote that one.

7 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

watched Sarkar Raj last night and it was so damn bad!! like one of my dear friends said, RGV made this movie just to get three B's together! :p

and everyone likes to think that a movie which has women charachters has feminist undertones and is about emancipation! silly men!! ;)

and me LIKED 300! seeing so many gorgeous bods at one go! doesnt happen too often! :)

super post as always Rash!

cheers!

abha

Lakshmi said...

lol..I personally cant stand watching the B Brigade anymore..Its nauseating

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for poor Shahid.. I find him cute.. cuter after hoity toity kareena dumped him.. boo hoo.. they never looked good together anyways..

Vir Sanghvi is not a favorite person of mine. Specially he had the show of his where he hard talked or something and asked such personal questions knowing it was hurting the other person.. it made them cry.. it really pissed me.. off.. grrr

Hornswoggler said...

Abha: Thank you. Yes, Sarkar Raj sucked bigtime. 300 was like a chaddi ad hehe


Lakshmi: Agree agree

Pallavi: Me feel bad too...akhir chota bachcha lagta hai ;-p

Over Rated said...

I have seen three year old who look older than Shahid Kapoor!!

Yikes!! I'm sure the sages who invented yoga thousands of years ago are glad to find themselves in the elite company of Ms. Shetty. Seriously, does winning a crappy reality show make one a yoga guru??

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly@ Vir Sanghvi's column. I ended up thinking.. but that's not how me and my friends think.. he prolly hangs out with the wrong women :)

the mad momma said...

husband is right. everyone does. other than amrita rao.

doesnt preity also look sad after being dumped by ness?