He: I'm going for drinks with my colleagues this evening. Just got planned.
Me: Ok. I hope you have the keys. You do? Great! Don't ring the bell. Bye
End of conversation. Zimble!
Me: I'm going for drinks with R this evening. She just called.
He: Great have fun.
(Calls back 10 mins later)
Please ask S (the daytime help) to stay back late if she can. Can't reach home before 7 sorry.
Me: S, can you stay back a little later than usual? Like umm...7?
S: Theek hai didi. But Thursday ko chutti chahiye.
Heave sigh of relief. Rush to kitchen. Cook pasta & soup for father and son. Keep packets of popcorn handy. Keep A's favourite toys and books, special chocolate milk cup, jam biscuits etc, etc in the line of father and son's sight.
Run to wardrobe to look for nightclubby tops. Most have holes due to lack of usage. Realise after wearing standard Cottonworld/Fabindia uniform that one of the holes-in-the-top is actually a sexy sleeve! Make mental note to a)read highheelconfidential/vogue etc and stay updated on fashion AND most importantly b)GO OUT MORE OFTEN!
Call R to say I’m ready to leave. Dejected voice answers my call.
R: Sorry darling. Was just about to call. N is getting back late. Apparently has to do a business dinner (Stops for some heavyduty swearing). The live in maid is away this month, so tough luck.
*The title is a fabulous Ang Lee movie. In case anybody is wondering :)
6 comments:
LOL :) my live-in maid is on a month long leave so R's story sounds similar to mine :)
when are WE meeting? drinks or lunch :)
and double LOL at 'hole in top actually sleeve' thingy.
love HHC and enjoying the goss on miss malini also.
Aqua: Anytime. Just call. You are the busybee
Uh... it happens everywhere?
Colours: It doesn, right?
lol! Oh boy! I never thought it'd be that difficult to just get away for a night!
Sonia: Sometimes it actually is. But hey, I do get away from time to time :)
Post a Comment