Did try out Twitter just for fun. After updating it twice in one day (what's the point otherwise?) I ran out of words. I mean I had many words but wasn't sure if they a)made sense b)were witty and dhamakedar enough to make everyone go, wow! c)were important enough to be read on a daily basis. I mean half the time when FB asks me what's on your mind, my instant replies are: 1. Nothing 2. Sleep or how to get A to sleep by eight 3.checking out what Naughty Namita from college wore for her Goa vacation. In no particular order you understand. But of course I don't write them and rack my brain for something funny or peculiar or observant. And mostly leave the space blank. Unlike my friend D who makes caustic comments about Raj Thackeray's Marathi madness or my ex-colleague who seems to have become word warrior and is taking panga with all her exes or would have been exes on FB. Very tough. Really. And now you have Twitter to add to the jargon. Won't be surprised if staus messages and tweets start getting outsourced in a couple of days. Quite possible in fact, given the rate things are going. Phew!
***********************************************************************************
On a completely unrelated note, have started walking to maintain good health in old age. I do this right after A leaves for school which I believe is designated Walk Time for stay at home mothers. Needless to say we all bump into each other as we try to outrun each other in the Brisk Walking Around Mango Grove competition. The radio on my phone has stopped functioning and I intend to get something else to make some music. But in the meantime I have Mummytalk. This is conducted between Two Brisk Walking Mummies and covers a gamut of topics like Biology (When are you planning second baby?), History (and this is what my MIL said the morning after my marriage), Economics (How much are you paying the maid? Why so much? I only pay her xyz for two hours' work!), Humanities (They start handwriting practice in UKG in my son's school. Have they started phonics yet for Rahul?), Fine Arts (Tomorrow Ankit has to go dressed like a Mango. I've go buy chart paper) and of course General Knowledge (And which school are you finalising for your son?). So much to learn, that too just in an hour.
5 comments:
I'm not a big fan of being 'connected' all the time...so totally unaware about twitter...and happily so !
About Mummytalk - LOL :) I like the way you write.
I've been an invisible reader for some time now...finally deciding to de-lurk today :)
LOL.
See there's some hope for mommies like you :)
Subs
So glad to see you adjust so well.
Kahini
i still havent done the whole twitter business! dont get it!
FB every now and then yes. but mostly whats on your mind is blank. i would just have to write yawn! :p
and the learning never stops, does it?! :p
cubby's school is ripe with which school are you trying for conversation and i kinda find it kinda tiring after a point. and they cant fathom the fact that i am nit dying to send him to big school right away and that i am okay with him starting a year later! we shall know next=t year when we do try for his schools! hehe!
brilliant TIC post as always! :)
cheers!
abha
I like the title of your post. And rings the bell when you say "What Next" Honestly speaking when FB asks me "Whats on your mind?" my instant reply is "Who're you to ask?" Your thoughts sound like mine at times :) Keep Writing!
Post a Comment