Friday, December 22, 2006

I must, I must, I must....

...learn not to joke in front of people with zero sense of humour. Let this be my New Year Resolution.

When A (that being my son) was doing his usual toddling/trying to run around the park this evening, a mom of two said that it was great he'd learnt to walk around so fast.

He has no choice, I said. Every morning we make him fetch the newspaper and we are waiting for the day we can send him out to buy milk.

No wonder she avoided me in the lift on the way back.

14 comments:

Lubna said...

Hey, that is a crappy resolution. Keep up your sense of humor, get immune to people avoiding you in elevators and elsewhere. Happy 2007.
(PS - I enjoyed Nagarhole and thereafter the luxury of the Tata Bunglow. Am back to a humorless office atomosphere!)

GratisGab said...

You my sistah woman!

Child labor, zindabad :)

Hornswoggler said...

Dusty: Yo! To the resolution. Isn't the Tata Bungalow great? Was there a power cut? We had one after 11 at night and it was quite thrilling :)

Gabby: Is it too early to teach him how to make the morning coffee?

Anonymous said...

LOL! merry xmas and happy new year rash!
my lil one is already being trained as my personal remote. she runs up and down doing errands for me :)

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Ha! Ha! first time here. I have already moved on to dusting the house, making the bed and touturing the hubby on weekend-mornings. My li'l A is quite adept at all three, I must add.

Pallavi said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy new year..
Am at www.pointofreflection.com now :)

Pallavi said...

ok that was me Pallavi.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy New Year to you and yours
:-)

An: A Happy New Year to you too :-) Hope you're good.

Joyee

Anonymous said...

Joyee!!! You are alive! Subs

Anonymous said...

Course I am alive Subs! And what fun - U are too!! :-) Thank god for Rash's blog.
Hope all's well with u sunshine.

Joyee

Anonymous said...

Yeah, am well, thanks :) Where did you vanish? Write to me woman! Subs

Anonymous said...

I've lost all addresses Subs, courtesy 'big brother' rediff. Why don't u write?

joyee
(sorry rash)

Anonymous said...

Eeerr have lost your address too :( Now what? Rash, please to bear with all this happiness of finding joyee again. Subs

Hornswoggler said...

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you two saying sorry to me????? helllooo helllooo hellooo...hope all addresses have been found. If they have been send me gift (hehehe, there is a catch) for being there even if I haven't posted in ages :)