Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pure Hearted Mush

There are several things I love about the husband but there is one that both infuriates me and makes me look at him with extra doses of lurrve. The man sleeps like a baby. In fact, better than most babies if his sister, who's seen more babies than I have, is to be believed. He certainly sleeps longer than ours does. And takes almost as many about turns in his sleep as his son.
His sleeping habit irritates me when we have to go out somewhere and the man sleeps much beyond the scheduled time but also makes me think of something my wise aunt used to say: People who have the ability to sleep soundly are people with free minds and pure hearts. She would say this looking at my brother whose sleep can survive earthquakes, babies bawling their throats out, loud jagrans, screaming sister, everything. That sort of takes the truth away from it a bit, but at any rate I seem to be surrounded by men of pure hearts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.

Kahini

Hyde said...

Now I know why Kahini calls me Good & Pure youth. She must have seen me sleep like a baby!

Anonymous said...

Agree with Kahini's AWWWWW :)Subs

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

I believe in that theory. It's true, look at me - I can sleep through anything ! :-)

Anonymous said...

Awww cute !!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE PIC! Really..
- ML

Hornswoggler said...

KAHINI: Yeah that's my favourite part of the weekend. So much peace at home. hehe

Hyde: Whatta surprise! And pure hearted? aha!

Subs: Go ahead, indulge the lazy buggers.

Poppins: You can? Lucky you. I wake up at the first creak ofthe bathroom door :(

Pallavi: Another surprise after Hyde. Now am grinning from ear to ear.

ML: Thank you. Do you blog too?