Have spent half the month showing the two year old to his several grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunts. In the process have memorized every detail of the inflight program of Kingfisher Airlines, particularly Tom & Jerry. Have also read Hi Blitz cover to cover. Almost.
Once again went to Calcutta and fell sick, according to the time-honoured ritual I have been following since the age of six. Also, I had to work a bit there, which wasn't a good thing. But bonded with my brother's wife who was visiting and that is always a good thing. Fought with mother as usual over my bohemian baby habits (to her) and then had the usual emotional heart to heart conversation (I said that but what I meant was this) later. My dad says I'd behave exactly the same when I was in college. I'm still wondering whether this means a)haven't matured at all (Bad coming from my chilled out dad) b)still the same child-like, carefree type person despite baby (very good) or c) he's tired of these mother daughter arguments. I'd take C.
Delhi was better activity wise because I wasn't sicko anymore and got to wear my long, stylish trenchcoat after two whole years. Don't laugh but I love trenchcoats and this particular one which cost me almost half my salary at the time I bought it. Also went and watched Taare Zameen Par and cried buckets all the while attempting to hide the tears from teenager niece sitting next to me. To add to the entertainment, we had a very chatty family sitting right behind ours who kept coming up with remarks like: Bombaywale school aise hi hote hai/Aamir Khan to aaya hi nahi ab tak? Tujhe pucca pata hai na ki woh picture mein hain?
The icing on the cake was visiting Fact & Fiction, my favourite bookshop in the city. In fact my favourite bookshop anywhere. I also loved The Bookshop at Khan Market but that's gone now. Fact & Fiction is in Priya Market, Vasant Vihar, and is probably one of the tiniest bookshops around but what a collection it packs. Don't go there if you are looking for the latest bestsellers, you'll get those at the Landmarks and Crosswords. If you want interesting titles to leap off the shelves and catch your eye, authors you've never heard of who turn out to be surprisngly funny, go there.
And wherever you are, may the new year be a happy one :)
7 comments:
I'm STILL not whining about F&F.
Kahini
i love F&F....thanks to my slow reading habits...i would have bought all the books in their travel section by now.
bips
Trench coat is like what Preity Zinta wore in Kal Ho Na Ho? :) Then I approve.
Subs
Fact and Fiction sounds lovely. I do not think parents will ever think we grow up. I spent 2 weeks with mine and even my 4 year old nephew thought I was his age!!!!!
Kahini: Yes, I know how strong you are about such things. Why do you think the first thing I did was to sms you?
Bips: Slow reading, fast reading, travel, food.......i love that place
Subs: All I'll say is you've been corporatized. Adhik jaankari ke liye phone karein.
Colours: Yes it is. Worth checking out if ever you're there.
December has faded. It's a brand new year. POST.
Kahini
yeah my mom said the same thing to me and i was like "is this a compliment or an insult".
happy new year rash! and enjoyed the comments of the fambly in the theatre. lol.
Post a Comment