The morning after the firing started and schools were declared closed in Bombay, a friend told her eight-year-old to stay in bed as there was no football practice and no school either. 'Why, is there a bomb blast?' he asked.
Yesterday's Hindu had a picture of the Taj on its edit page. The standard beautiful tourist pic, with the sea in the foreground and the Taj looming large. My son, who was playing nearby had a glance and asked, 'Mamma, where's the fire?'
What's the world in which our children are growing up?
4 comments:
"I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll never know
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world "
with due apologies to Louis Armstrong.
--Hyde.
Hyde: My thoughts eggzactly!
Nirad: Thank you for putting tragedy in ALL CAPS. THAT WAY I HAVE FINALLY REALIZED WHAT THE ENORMITY OF THE PROBLEM IS AND WILL HENCEFORTH BRING UP CHILD ON STEADY DIET OF K-SERIALS. AND DELETE THOUGHTLESS COMMENTS LIKE YOURS.
Sadly, my four year old has picked so many words which we probably never knew till we were in college. It's unfortunate but we all have to deal with the reality.
Post a Comment