Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I used to be a journalist once. Now I work in a women’s mag

If you think the above statement makes me bitter, hah! The truth is far from it. Ever since I started working for a women’s mag, I’ve got loads of interesting responses from people. Here are some of the best:

Building airhead: OOOOOOOOH!!! So you know all about beauty and fashion!

Very Important Business Journalist: So you guys actually have an office? Do you guys have much work? (Nope. I go there to get my hair done. Yessir, Actual answer.)

My Mother: At last, you’re working in a place I understand (I worked in two/three websites before this. That explains it.)

My Brother: Why the f@#$ do you have to work there of all the places? (OK. Rolling Stones, here I come!)

PR: But you don’t cover fashion? Oh…all of you don’t? Oh…I thought all of you did!

Old uncle: So you know all the secrets of wimmenn, eh?

My journo teacher: Well, you worked in a newspaper once…(The rest is left unsaid, in Sword of Damocles fashion)

Close Friend (Guy): You have the numbers of all these models, then…?

Close Friend (Girl): What I want to know is, do you get any discounts on the products you shoot?

Women’s Development NGO: You’re doing a story on violence against women? Really? Why would you people be interested? What’s your name….blah blah.

Me: I’m still getting my hair done.

No comments: