Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nine Months

Warning: Baby Talk.

In less than a month (old hands say in less than 3 weeks) there'll be a baby in our lives, unless it's lazy and refuses to meet the parents on time :-)

I've never held a newborn. Seriously. Never. Not while their heads were wobbly anyway.
However when I muttered this aloud at the Antenatal Class, two voices echoed the same thing too, so I'm probably not the odd one out here. I'm a bit freaked out. But in a good way. In a very good and happy way.

The belly has developed a life of its own. It jiggles, squirms, pokes out, gets kicked and oh yes, does it increase! It continues to be a source of entertainment to all my near and dear ones. Have never been in such entertainer mode before. The other day the baby poked some body part (a toe?) through the belly. P was so entertained, since then he's been trying to poke it back to get baby to respond in similar fashion. We don't need TV anymore, we have Ze Belly.

Nothing fits me anymore. Not even large size capri pants from Fabindia's very small-sized maternity section. And I used to wear XS size from Fabindia. Nothing I've bought in the earlier months of pregnancy fit, except a tunic and magic pants from Motherware. The pants have a funny pouch to hold the belly, which rules out sexy short tops. But thank you MW. At least they fit. I largely survive on trackpants, which I keep buying at scary rate as the belly keeps rejecting them soon enough.

Friends who are parents are trying to be wonderful by sharing with us their birth stories. These usually go on the lines of 'the lift was out of order so we had to climb down 10 floors after her water broke' and 'there was no room available at the maternity ward so we had to wait 18 hours' or sinister stuff like that. And they're all predicting it'll be anytime now. Since I do not believe in predictions unless done by Marjorie Orr, I'm sure baby won't arrive before time.

P is charting out alternative routes to the hospital. To his great frustration, all of these involve the unavoidable Bangalore traffic, unless our child is kind and sends us to the hospital sometime past midnight.

And I'm trying to walk, work, cook, clean, read books and blogs and do things as usual. And waiting to see my toes again while standing straight.

19 comments:

Hyde said...

All the best. :-)

shub said...

:)*hugs*

Chugs said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Ya get used to the wobbly head thing. It's quite cute after a while.

Hornswoggler said...

Kahini: Yu've had experience with wobbly heads it seems

Hyde: Thank you

Shub and Chugs: hugs and smiles back

Anonymous said...

Just waiting to hear the news and see the baby's pictures.

Aqua said...

congrats and enjoy yr last few nights of uninterrupted sleep :)

which hospi are you registered with?

Anonymous said...

Yam a doting aunt, Rash.

Janaki said...

all the best and blithely ignore all horror stories told. :)

Anonymous said...

Pictures, woman! Let's have the prenatal pictures. I'm sure I'll see baby's 1st bday pics at this rate...

Anonymous said...

Um.. now don't send me your sonograms :)

Anonymous said...

:-)

bips

Hornswoggler said...

colours: we shall wait patiently for those, won't we? :)

aqua: Thank you for not putting a horror story there. Will not count sleeplessness. am with manipal.

Parna: Not at the moment but I guess I soon will.

Kahini: Don't I know?

Jaygee: Thank you and yes ignoring. largely

Lee: Check your mail. Now you can't complain.

Bips: yes laugh...laugh some some

Patrix: Thank you. Yes shall do that :)

Anonymous said...

all the shubhkaamnayein in advance rash...

Anonymous said...

what fun! :-) Some pics please!
And take good care. Hugs

Hornswoggler said...

:) thanks joyee. pix mein to time hain. dhanyabaad xxx

GratisGab said...

Ah girl, ah. *gulp*....Getting an eyeful of my toes while I can!

Hornswoggler said...

Yes...enjoy the good months. and I haven't even talked abt being in the loo. More often than ever

Anonymous said...

All the best... sure hoping for good news soon....