Think only Gabby will read me at this rate :)
At the antenatal class we (The girls) ask the instructor how exactly do contractions feel.
'Different women react differently but to give you an idea, I can say it feels like extremely strong period cramps,' she says.
'Oh...O...okay...alright...ummm..think I can deal with that...well maybe not...' we nod our heads, understanding exactly what she's talking about. Well almost.
Predictably (and cruelly for the boys perhaps), the conversation turns briefly to period cramps, in an effort to find out exactly how bad would the contractions be.
We suddenly realise the men in the room seem to have vanished. Two have queued up outside the loo (and out of earshot), one is in the instructor's kitchen taking a long time over a glass of water (when she's thoughtfully placed a whole jug in the table next to us), one is peering intently into his mobile, the fifth one (mine) has suddenly developed tremendous interest in greenery and is inspecting the plants on the balcony very closely.
Boys will be boys. And girls will be well...girls.
16 comments:
ahem... no comments!!
Too much!!!
Never knew Preggy talk could be so cute.
Best of Luck and hoping to see your baby's photo on the blog soon.
Take care.
Best way to shut up men. Talking cramps. Luvvit.
I have a surprise for you on my Post today ;-)
Hee hee. I hope they won't faint like the two clowns in 'Salaam namaste'. Say, I hope you don't have a doc like Abhishek!
Or worse, work up a fever like mine did when I announced that my cramps were starting.
Don't you worry about preggie talks! It's fun listening too. Happy Diwali and a beautiful year ahead with baby gargling, burping, and noat too many sleepless nights!
Anthony: Well well...and I saw the surprise. Ignoring it hehe
OBKW: Thank you. Dunno about the fotos but can guarantee more talk :)
Lee: Thou art a friend right? :)
Ph: Good the man doesn't read my blog. Would've given him ideas.
Anumita: I could hug you for that lovely wish...not too many sleepless nights.
Happy Diwali Rash and fantastic times ahead :-)
Boys will be boys...LUCKY BUGGERS...never knew period cramps, will never know contractions! Will my piercing screams make it up maybe? But the pitch I have I think only dogs will be able to hear me!
Katie Holmes is gonna have a silent birth?!! LOL! Can't wait to see how she pulls that off!
And honey, I'll read you always! :D...When's your due date? Don't stop reading mine after you deliver!!!
:)
hey, can you give me more details about the antenatal classes you attend. my colleage who is preggie is looking for a similar class. i never went to any except for my lamaze class (which i highly recommend)..tee hee i'm sure you get enough free advice anyway.
Thank you Joyee and hope your Diwali was great.
Gabby: Told mother about 'silent birth.' She rolled hysterically for a while on the sofa. That says it I suppose. :). And check mail.
Aqua: I attended two. One was 4 week long at Manipal for ppl registered there. Husbands not incl. So I did the second which was a day long and very good. Biba Bhusri's. Husbands/partners incl. That's where this happened :)
thanks! i'll tell her that. yeah...we also attended biba's lamaze class. it really helped and infact in manipal, nurses came to watch us and my gynac also took biba's number from me as she was quite impressed with lamaze.
wow aqua...i better practice my breathing exercises more often. am a bit lazy
hahaha !! thats natural I guess..
Post a Comment